What business is it of the City of Los Angeles what the State of Arizona does? So what if people decide they don’t like a California law? There are plenty of them to object to… should people boycott the state? It amounts to extortion and all those who support a boycott or participate in the boycott of Arizona should themselves be boycotted. Polls have shown the SB1070 is hugely popular but unfortunately, the silent majority is living up to its name.
Well, a family member sent me something a few minutes ago and while I don’t normally pass on emails, this one made me stop and think. Feel free to pass it on. Of course, referring people to this site to read it or to get their own copy would be cool too. Stats, you know!
This is not original—it’s been out there since 2009 at least. Worth a read. No hate here, just something to think about.
Imagine asking the police to ENFORCE the LAW and having your state attacked!
JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL
You have two families: “Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”. Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .
- Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.
- Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash “under the table”.
Ready? Now pay attention…
- Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.
- Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.
- Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.
- Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.
- Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.
- Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for non-medical insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.
- Jose Illegal says, “We don’t need no stinkin’ insurance!” and still has $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.
- Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.
- Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part-time job after work.
- Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.
- Joe Legal’s and Jose Illegal’s children both attend the same school.
- Joe Legal pays for his children’s lunches while Jose Illegal’s children get a government sponsored lunch.
- Jose Illegal’s children have an after school ESL program.
- Joe Legal’s children go home.
- Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.
Do you get it now? If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens, you are part of the problem!
It’s way PAST time to take a stand for America and Americans !